Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11: Steam Room


It’s only me and four people - two couples. Low visibility. Lots of room. 
          "He's expressed some concern about sharing the hotel room with four people," the woman in her 60s says to her husband. 
"What about sharing a hotel room?" the husband grumbles. 
"That it'll be crowded. I asked him if it was more crowded in prison. He worked in a prison for a while. I told him that I thought these were much different accommodations."
The other couple talks in a language of sinister-sounding whispers. Is it racist to think that a language I can't understand sounds sinister? 
An attractive Asian man enters. He sits as close to me as possible while maintaining acceptable space. I look over at him briefly, and make eye contact. 
“Hello,” he says.
“Hi,” I say, turning quickly to focus forward.
He puts on headphones, turns on music, and assumes a confident, relaxed position.
Nice. I like it. He’s following all of the rules. 
He starts singing along with the music in a loud whisper.
I spoke too soon. 
shhhShut up.
I silence him with my thoughts. Great! My mind-control abilities grow stronger by the day! I congratulate myself on my growing powers.
Next, he lies down and begins to do leg lifts. He’s grunting, breathing heavy and working out at a frantic pace. He’s breaking the No excessive, disruptive movements rule. 
He's doing leg lifts wrong, using momentum to bring his legs up and down instead of his muscles. I stare ahead, ignoring the heavy breathing.
He stands in front of me. He places his hands on the seats to the right and his feet on the seats to the left so that he’s now in a push up position over empty space in my direct line of view. He begins doing pushups. Okay, fine, you win. I count along silently.
1… 2… 3… 4… he is kind of cute… 5… 6… keep going… 7…8…9… I’m growing more impressed by the pump… 10… 11… 12… Should I clap when he’s done? 13… 14… … 15… 16… mmm… 17… 18… 19… 20. 
He finishes and stands right as another handsome muscled man enters.
Oh! Maybe the two shirtless men will begin competing in physical acts of strength and endurance to win my affections! Cuhhmmm onnn, please? 
With another alpha male present, the Asian man can’t keep vigorously pumping away without risking potential ridicule. The Asian man sits down quietly and leaves shortly after.
I leave and enter the women’s room and go in to the smaller steam room. Two pretty young girls sit quietly inside. It’s pink colored in here and it smells like lavender. This is awesome! The girls and I all sit quietly together. I sigh contentedly. 
One girl leaves. I stand and sit - indecisive. The remaining girl looks up. She must use Latisse because her eyelashes are long and pretty. I should use Latisse too. 
“I can’t decide if I want to leave or not! I keep changing my mind!” I say. We laugh. I like her. She has a nice smile, and she was nice to me. 
Time: 30 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment