Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June 27: Steam Room


It’s after 9 pm at night and I’m the only one in the steam room. Good.
One man enters followed by two more men and a woman. Everyone is Mexican.
Everyone follows all of the unspoken steam room rules. I am pleased. The only interaction is with the woman. When the furnace/steam comes back on, it makes a sound like a gunshot. The woman jumps and we make eye contact and laugh. The only movement is light calisthenics from, surprisingly, everyone in the room. This is acceptable, non obtrusive, movement.
Everyone leaves except the first man who came in after me. “Oh, it’s game on now, random other guy in steam room!” I decide it’s a survivor-esque outlast challenge where whoever leaves first loses. I, of course, win out. 
Time: 23 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment