Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 2: Steam Room


My pee, after I finish Envision Yoga (http://envisionyoga.com/), is bright yellow. 
I enter the steam room. Visibility is low. I can’t see anyone. Out of the mist come the euphorically sexual sounds of a young man. Drinking water from the hose. 
“I’ll have what he’s having.” Which is water. I resolve to drink two water bottles before I leave.
There are only a few of us. An older man stretches as though he’s in pain. Probably the steam room is part of his physical therapy. 
Another man rocks back and forth as though he’s praying. Or crazy.
An older woman’s physicality is unimpressive, but her poise tells me she is a queen. One leg extended, the other bent, one hand resting on a leg, the other up casually, easily, back straight and crown of head towards the sky - regal. 
Two twins, female, 250lbs a piece, enter and sit with towels on their laps. I wonder what purpose a towel serves in the steam room. 
No one breaks any rules. I resolve to buy a water proof watch. I could have a true, 20 minute, eyes closed, meditation if everyone would only be quiet and I had a watch. 
I drink 1.4 liters of water. Hopefully now I will pee clear.
time: 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment